The Northeast Multistate Division (NEMSD) is accredited as a Provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
The Northeast Multistate Division (NEMSD) is accredited as an Approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
In 2013, Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New York, and Vermont agreed to form the Northeast Multistate Division to provided unified tools and technologies, streamline various business processes, better leverage the resources of ANA (American Nurses Association), and thus strengthen the operation of each individual state. Each state nurses association (SNA) retains its own identity while utilizing shared resources.
One of the primary functions that are able to merge across borders is that of continuing education. The consolidation automatically creates a larger pool of CNE reviewers for quicker turnaround of applications. As a combined entity, we have been working to standardize and streamline applications, increase technological capabilities, combine staff resources, establish procedures for a better communication flow and enhancement of overall customer service.
The Northeast Multistate Division looks forward to this new way of working with you to provide quality education to nurses.
Benefits of Offering Approved Continuing Nursing Education Hours
- Nurses look for ANCC approved contact hours when selecting continuing education activities.
- Indicates an organization's willingness for adherence to objective national standards.
- Respect for achieving a high standard of excellence.
- Provides an avenue through which nurses can maintain professional competence.
- Promotes commitment to high quality nursing practice.